Choosing a good web host straight from the beginning is very important for the success of a website. With a popular or well known and reliable Internet Service Provider (ISP) you won’t face many problems, however with a poor web hosting service provider it can be a nightmare. Below you will find 5 steps to guide your web hosting choice:
1. Reliability of the host: Ensure maximum speed, security, stability and the uptime of the server is a must.
2. Uptime – Good website hosting services will give an availability guarantee of 99.9%+, any downtime is bad as your website will basically not be available and you will miss visitors – who may not try again.
3. Amount of web space: Ensure that there is enough space on the site to add information and data for your business requirements.
4. Data transfer (Bandwidth): A good and reliable provider should offer you sufficient bandwidth for efficient data transfer. It is vital that your web pages load rapidly otherwise visitors will get annoyed and possibly go off elsewhere. Loading speed is now a factor that Google takes into account in ranking a site.
5. Stay away from oversellers: Most web hosting services keep it simple by offering “unlimited” resources such as disk space and bandwidth on their shared hosting packages, with very low-monthly price. This is fine for most users but if your site does get busy you will need to upgrade from shared hosting. The different levels of hosting packages are usually determined by how many domains or databases you can have with these becoming “unlimited” in the top packages. When choosing a web host look for a company that offers reasonable specifications.
6. Pricing plans : Everything have a price to pay. Don’t be cheap. If you are serious about your website or blog you should invest some money into a good web hosting solution.
7. Control Panel – This is the interface supplied by the host which allows you to administer everything like access to your files, email accounts, databases, statistics etc. There are a number of these and cPanel seems to be the most popular but if you are new to hosting any of the popular control panels will do the job.
8. Easy Installation of popular software – A facility to quickly install software such as WordPress without any technical knowledge.
If you are looking for a hosting company that meets all the criteria above, try Putrahost. (Apply today for your free .Com, .Net or .Org domain name)
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Search the site
- ~ ~ Siti Nur Farhana
""I really appreciate your reply, thank you!"
- Read more testimonials »